Thursday 19 April 2012

Almost shipping out! - Week 2 at the MTC

Our last week here at the MTC is approaching. Freak! Time's just too fast here. And so is 2 years... This experience have humbled me so much in every way. I have learned a lot while I am here. My knowledge about the Gospel has increased and my testimony as well. It truly is the best decision I made in my life. Serving the Lord is really great! Doing His business as long as it's according to His will feels so great. I'm so happy to be here.

One of the best things I've learned about here is prayer. Although I've got accustomed to it for years, never have I experienced a powerful prayer personally. But because of my companion's example, I've learned a lot. Prayer has become more personal to me. I feel the Spirit. It's just great! It comforts me and makes me happy.

Yesterday, we had MTC Exchanges, it's where we have a proselyting activity with Missionaries out in the field. I was companions with E. Blotter, he's from Salt Lake City, Utah, and we worked in Batasan 1st. The last lesson was just great. Even though we taught a Less-Active Member, we can see in the eyes of the Sister that she still has that hope that everything will be well. We shared the Plan of Salvation and she really did felt our message. It just reminded me of the times before my mission. What I've learned from that experience is that Faith is really important. Trials and challenges are normal but it is not normal to give up. When you have faith, you'll have hope that everything will be alright. I rememberer Elder Wirthlin's talk about challenges. "Come what may and love it". I do miss my family and I love them so much. I know that Heavenly Father will prepare them to receive the Gospel in His time. I just need to patiently wait for that time.

Everything's great here. I love the Gospel. It has blessed me in countless ways. I know that following our Savior will lead us back to our Father in Heaven. He loves us so much. I know that this church is the true church here on Earth. I know it, and God knows it. I know that we have a living prophet today, Pres. Thomas S. Monson. Heavenly Father has plans for each of us. He wants us to be happy in this life and the next to come.

Thank you everyone for your support and love. I miss all of you! Sorry if I can't upload pictures yet, I'll upload them once we are out. Sorry if it's taking a long time for me to write letters. There's just so much work to do and so little time. Thank you for understanding but I will write. Don't worry.

I love you all! Mamingaw ko kamo sa akoang pag-adto didto sa mission. We'll be flying to CDO next week! I know that the things I shared are true. And I leave these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

With love,
Elder Christian Angelo Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment