Saturday 14 April 2012

And it all begins! - Week 1 at the MTC

1st week here in the MTC is so great! I'm learning a lot! This I think is the best decision I have made in my entire life! Okay, so here's what happened for the week.

I arrived here at the Philippines Missionary Training Center last Saturday, and I'm happy that my mom and sister was there when I was set-apart as a full-time missionary. It's cool to see the missionaries seeing me go. Elders Waite, Pleños, Lim, McDonald, Stoddard, Atwood, Stallings, and Raiwalui was there to see me go. It was cool 'coz they all sang "Called To Serve" when I was about to leave. Bishop Mendoza, Pres. Ardon, Tita Grace, Kuya Emman, Ate Donna, my mom and my sister, and my bestfriend Ace went with me as I go here at the MTC.

I never have thought to have the full-support of my mom before I go. It just happened, it's really cool! Truly, the Lord can do things I we can't imagine...

As for things here in the MTC, my companion is Elder Visitacion. He's from Palawan. I love our companionship... Haha! He's a great guy and I'm learning a lot from him. So yeah, at last, my very first companion... Our roommates are Elder Collado, he's from Parañaque and Elder Aloc who's from Daet, Bicol. It's great to be in their company and we're having a lot of good times and learnings while we're here.

Last night, we had an MTC Devotional where Elder Teh and Sister Teh were the speakers. It helped me focused and realized the reason why I'm here. I am so grateful to go on a mission. I am privileged to do the Lord's work as long as I'm doing it according to His will.

The Spirit is really strong here in the MTC and I am truly grateful for feeling the love of our Father in Heaven. I am grateful to enter the temple again! 2 months of waiting is truly worth it! Haha...

Anyways, I can't upload pictures here but I'll upload them as soon as I'm out in the field.
It's a humbling experience to be here and I know that my family will be blessed because of this. I just remembered my favorite verse in the Bible, "To every thing there is a season and a time for every purpose under the heaven - Ecclesiastes 3:1".

Now I know why Return Missionaries say that it is the best 2 years of their lives. It truly is. I'm just beginning but things are at its best already....

Mamingaw ko man kamo!

Love,
Elder Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan de Oro Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment