Friday 31 August 2012

It's shaking!!!! Earthquake? - Week 21.Serving in Cagayan

We had an earthquake a while ago, geez, that's my first here in the Mission. I don't know what magnitude but it sure is strong though, the office was shaky, interesting... Felt a bit dizzy. Anyways, we'll see tomorrow what people will say.

As for my update this week. Transfer week! Geez, it's exhausting... Hahaha.. So much work to do especially with our preparation for a Missionary Meeting with Elder Cook. Yes! I'm seeing another apostle for the second time in my life. What a blessing indeed! I'm looking forward for it

Anyways, I've been pondering so much for the past week. Despite transfers, I try to find time to read some quotes from Church Leaders. It has blesses me so much. I'll be forever grateful for my Missionary friend there who inspired me to read, read and read. Hahaha...

As for this week, I learned that indeed, this work is a marvelous work and a wonder just like what D&C 4:1 says. I have seen so much just being out here in the Mission Field and how the Gospel can bless people's lives, may it be the people that we are teaching or us Missionaries.

We had another great week and felt Heavenly Father's love for His children. Last week, I did one of our commitments to one of our progressing investigator.  When we followed-up on him, he told us that he did receive an answer! He told us of his great experience when he prayed about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon, to know if it is true. He told us that he felt so much peace as he prayed, words can never explain what he experienced. He told us that "it is true". I was filled with so much joy hearing it. I too can relate to him because I did it myself, and it's just recent. I told my companion to have it as one of our companionship goals, to do the commitments we give to the people that we teach and I can't wait what will happen in our work for the next coming weeks. I am now excited to do other commitments that we are giving to the people that we teach. Because of that experience, I can easily bear my testimony of the things that we are inviting them to do, because I know it and have experienced it myself.

I pondered upon Pres. Eyring's message. To "do whatever is required to qualify for the Holy Ghost as our companion" and to "go forward fearlessly so that we will be given the powers to do whatever the Lord calls us to do." That the "growth in power to serve may come slowly, it may come in small steps that are difficult for you to see, but it will come." This really caught my attention because this week , we taught a Less-Active member. She is not feeling well with her bones because of osteoarthrithis if my memory serves me right. Her back hurts whenever her feet cramps. Because of this, she can't go to Church. We asked her what help can we offer to her and he told us to continue visiting her that she may hear God's word. When she said that, silence filled the room and both me and E. Pangilinan felt so sad. We are seeing God's child wanting to go to church but because of her condition, is not able to. We told Bishop about her situation and asked if a Special Sacrament can be given to her because she really can't walk. He told us that they'll discuss it in the ward. After that teaching, I can't help myself but ponder how could we have her come to Church. I told E. Pangilinan about it as well. I can't help but hope for a miracle will happen to her, to see her again walking in front of the church gates and entering the church building. I have faith that somehow, the Lord will help her go to Church. And I guess we know what to share to her in our next visit.

We were also able to teach one of our new investigators. Like our progressing investigator, he's really great. It's our first time to teach him and we were accompanied by a member. During that lesson, I don't know but I felt the same feeling I felt while I was in the MTC. The feeling that the Holy Ghost is there, ready to guide us. I love that feeling. This week, I've become more eager to listen to the people that we are teaching. He opened to us a lot of things which were great. The member, who is the brother of our investigator's girlfriend, told us that the he was not aware of the things the investigator shared to us during the lesson. Then he made a comment that truly, as we listen to the promptings of the Spirit, we will know what God wants to tell us because God knows who we are teaching since they are God's children. We were able to have Bro. Zaldy pray and we had a great lesson with him.

Also, this week, we achieved our highest goal so far and it made us happy. There maybe ups and downs with our teachings but the Lord will help us understand why those experiences happened. May it be good or bad, the Lord wants us to learn something and I am so grateful for those learning experiences here in the Mission. Also, this week, we had the toughest lesson so far with a newly returned Less-Active. He is active now but he's offending his family. While teaching him, we tried our best to help him realize that he needs to be an example for his family to come to church, to not drive them away. He wasn't attentive to us and after the lesson. Me and E. Pangilinan were challenged. Now, we are planning and seeking the Lord's inspiration on how we could better help him and his family. It was one of the coolest experience I had here in the Mission. I learned that despite what happened, there's something that you can learn from it and it made me a stronger Missionary.

We have seen a lot of progress with our Less-Actives as well as Investigators. Now, we're focusing on how the ward could help us retain those Less-Actives who have come back to activity. We are now ensuring that every people we teach should have a fellowshipper and so far, things are going good.

The work sure is challenging and I know that this coming week, our proselyting time will be reduced due to transfers and the Missionary Meeting. Nevertheless, we need to think positive that despite the reduced time, we need to look forward for greater things that can happen with our work. As time pass by here in the Mission, the more I feel the love Heavenly Father has for me. The Gospel has brought so much change in my life and I'm so grateful for this wonderful opportunity to share it to others and bless their lives. I am thankful for E. Pangilinan not just as my companion but a great friend to me. I now have a stronger testimony about what the Missionary Handbook says, "to preach the Gospel two by two." It really is true. There's no satisfactory work than having unity in our companionship. I am so blessed with our companionship.

There's so much work to do. I am learning to be more diligent, obedient and prayerful. There's so much joy in doing what is right. I know it and I will always do my best to do what I know what is right. So, that's my week everyone. I'm still patiently waiting for letters. Hehehe... Do write me some. Please????

So yeah. Have a great week everyone! I love you all! :D

Sincerely,
Elder Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission






No comments:

Post a Comment