Sunday 12 August 2012

Ostrich and Crocs! - Week 18.Serving in Cagayan

How's everyone? P-Day was a bit restless even though it was our time to prepare for the week. Well, we went to the Philippine Ostrich and Crocodile Farm. I got stoked to see the crocodiles there as well as the ostrich's egg! It's really big! Hahaha... Also saw some sheeps and a peacock! Lucky I was able to get a hold of one of its feathers and took a picture with it...

Anyways, I'll be forever grateful for the companionship E. Pangilinan and I have. As each day pass by, we learn new things from each other and strengthen one another. We openly talk how we could serve one another and how we could strengthen our companionship for the coming weeks ahead. One of the first thing I've experienced with our companionship would be fasting as a companion. I've never tried it with my previous companions President that's why I was thankful when we did it. It's my first time in the Mission and in my life, to fast together with someone. That's why I'm so much thankful that the Lord has placed E. Pangilinan in my life. He's a great Missionary President.

As for the week, I'm continually pondering upon what is it to be a Missionary. Whatever I do, or wherever I search, I always get back to one answer, that we are the Lord's representatives. For the past weeks, I could really say that we should always be watchful for Satan is really out there, trying us. I just realized that being in the city is a challenge since there are more temptations here and there. Truly, we are like a sheep placed in the "midst of wolves" (Matthew 10:16). But the Lord promised us that "mine angels round about you" (D:C 84:88). He wants us to faithfully, hopefully, & charitably, serve Him with all our love and devotion towards Him. Being here in the Mission, I sometimes think that the Lord stretches me to the point that I sometimes wonder if I can even stretch that far. But, I could really feel the Lord's assurance that He's always there, guiding us in each phase of His work. That's one of the insights I've learned this past week. Guess I'm getting a bit more serious on this topic but when you think about this deeply and ponder on such things, you'll get me.

With regards to our work, the Less-Active family that has doubts with the Church as well as their testimony about the Restoration, showed a great change! The couple happily told us that they've really felt the Lord's love for them despite the trials they are currently facing. They now have a strong resolve that whatever happens, they will seek for the Lord's inspiration to help them clear the doubts they have in mind and to always pray to the Father for guidance in all that they do. Me and my companion were very happy with their progression, and we're pretty assured that the Lord will help them come back to Church in the coming Sundays. Also, we have observed that the Lord helped us find some of the Less-Actives in the ward where we were assigned since they just came to Church last Sunday and 1st contacted them there and then. We are now planning to help them come back into activity for we know they have the testimony about the Church and the Restored Gospel.

As for our investigators, one challenge we have the family we found is now being persecuted by a Less-Active Member. The Less-Active Member owns the lot they are staying in right now and she is always drunk whenever we go there. We're still striving to get-to-know the Less-Active Member when she's not drunk, BRT her and know the reasons she became Less-Active.

Geez, going on a Mission sure is a humbling experience. It really is hard but it's all worth it. Everything I've learned here are just surreal. I love the learning experiences I have here. I'm still striving to become a better Missionary and just be the Missionary our Heavenly Father wants me to be. I have seen my weaknesses at times but the Lord have helped me in many ways to understand why I have such weaknesses and then, He builds me up and strengthens me. One of the great verses I've read would be Mosiah 4:11, wherein I've learned one principle, that compared to God, we are nothing, but to Him we are everything. May we always remember the love and mercy our Father and His Son have for all of us. I'm so thankful to know the Gospel in my life especially for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Truly, its powers can change one's characters.

I'm still waiting for letters :(
But it's okay. Hopefully I get one in the coming weeks. Do write me... Hahaha... 'Coz I'm getting a bit tired writing.
So, that's my week. I love you all! Have a great week ahead! :)

With love,
--
Elder Dimazana

Personal/Travel Secretary 
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission



















No comments:

Post a Comment