Tuesday 2 April 2013

All is Well! - Week 52.Serving in Bulua

Hello everyone!

Doing fine now and enjoying the work! Yeah!

First of all, grateful for the conversation I had with our Mission President. It was really relieving to me!

As for our work, well, I guess I learned a lot. I'll try to always look on the positive side of things. Change is for the better.  I guess I'm pressuring myself too much. Though I don't notice it at times, but I'll really work on it to help me gain the ability President taught me. As we woke up this morning, Elder Castillo and I really had a great conversation with him. I guess I'm just a bit impatient at times. Haha! I'm getting excited this next transfer and I'll always be open to my companion. Like what you said, if it's hard in the mission, it's even harder after the mission. So, I really need to grab the opportunity to change a lot here. My mission had really molded me and made me better each day. And there are still a lot of things to do and learn.

We had our specialized training last Monday with the Zone Leaders and Elder Ruivivar and I did some team-teaching on working with the members, their importance and how could we help them become member-missionaries. I shared some story with them relating it to missionary work that the greatest source we could have in furthering the work are the members. We have learned a lot in that training, even I as well. It's really important that we get the trust of the members. In Preach My Gospel there's a question for us Missionaries to evaluate ourselves if we are becoming a "burden" or a "blessing" to the bishop and the ward. So, if we're panted or we don't know where to go, we'll visit a member, share with them and ask if there's any help they need from us, that we're ready to serve them. We're getting more dinner appointments and it's great because those are from the Less-Actives, so we're getting to know them and at the same time, build their confidence and rekindle their testimony to go back to church.

Elder Capoquian and Elder Castillo did so well in their training. Elder Castillo is now working on his listening skills while Elder Capoquian is working on with the language and BRT skills. I think I really have learned a lot in the training. It was a great opportunity to learn and grow. And I really need to adapt and love my companions. For the past weeks, I'm feeling better unless I relapse. So, I will make some goals and ask help from my companion to avoid any relapses again in the following weeks. Training a Missionary is fun. In my case, double the fun. Haha! At times, I do feel down. But, it's all up to me and my choice to be down or not. One thing impacted me the most in the blessing that President has given me to be honest to myself and to enjoy the work. I really need to work on it. It was a wonderful blessing. It comforted me and made my day.  I guess that's what I feel with the leaders in the church considering that I don't have much of those father-son discussions and conversations.

The District is doing well and we know we'll be making some improvements this coming transfer. We're getting united. And we'll see with the coming weeks. On District Meeting next Monday, we'll conduct a simple activity to know each other more in the District and what can we do to help each other. It'll be something to look forward to.

So that's our week! Thank you everyone! I love you all!

Elder Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment