Tuesday 8 January 2013

Almost Done in the Office! - Week 40.Serving in Cagayan

Whew! I guess I've been a bit lazy doing the updates. Haha... Anyways, another week has passed again. Well, I'm just a few days away of going out in the office. Haha! That was super-fast! It'll total for 31 weeks of being here in the office including my training. Hehe...

At last I'm going to train! But, here in the office, my office trainee. Hopefully I could get one out in the field, but it depends. At least, just hoping. Hahaha!

Happenings, happenings. Hmm, well I'm on meds right now 'coz I need it. It's an antidepressant and the side effects are really annoying. Haha! Who wouldn't be annoyed when you're nauseous, drowsy and weak. And I need to work of course. Funny thing is I fell asleep during office hours! Just in time when President came. So, it was a funny moment. But I can't help it. Haha!

Hmm, well, had a great companionship inventory with my companion Elder Panti. Surely, I'll miss him when I get out in the office. We had really great times here especially those times wherein we study and talk while proselyting. Those would be the times I would often remember throughout my mission.

Well, work is really progressing in our area. Who wouldn't be happy when you see the sacrament hall almost full! Compared to my first 4 1/2 months here, our companionship proved to be blessed in a lot of ways. Hehe... I could just see how the Lord works and how He will hasten this work. Though we are in the office, but I know that the Lord can see our desires to serve Him, and despite less time, He will truly help us. That's His promise and He will keep it, just like how He always keeps His promises as we follow the commandments.

I'm almost on my double-digit mark! O.o
Man, that was so freaking fast! I don't know what to feel when I'm out in the office. Haha. I'll surely miss being here though. I have learned to love the area that's why I'm so grateful to have been given 6 weeks extension. I may have stayed for quite some time here but it's all worth it. I'm thankful to labor for 6 weeks more, I was able to do the things I wasn't able to do before. And I'm happy about it. Guess, there's so much to improve on myself. I have learned of my weaknesses more. It's a great leap and a great test of faith for me but, all will be worth it so that I may become the person Heavenly Father wants me to be.

Seeing how the Gospel could change people's lives, it's just a sight to see. I have witnessed our Recent Convert change and he has been so happy. Truly focusing on him and being his guides as he grows in the Gospel proved to be one of great joy. Just like what D&C 18 says. It is really true! Well, I hope my family will be able to receive the Gospel in due time. I guess I'll just have to be patient with it. Hehe.

Well, my condition is improving. Hehe. Thanks to President's help, and those who are around me. It's hard to overcome, but it is possible as long as we have that desire.

I'm enjoying my personal study everyday even P-Day. Haha! I have learned to love the scriptures more. Even though there are times that I'm so tired from work and proselyting, it is really important to find time to read the scriptures. I'm happy for the interview with President which reminded me to be consistent with my personal study and scripture reading.

Well, I still have 3 Sundays left in the ward. I'm happy to leave my area but feel sad in a way. I'll miss it for sure and I need to adjust again. I'm fine now. So, I can't wait what's in store for me next transfer but hopefully, what I feel is right. Haha! Hope to see Elder Abad soon!

Oh well. That's my week. I miss all of you there! Write me if you have time though. Or just e-mail my cousin at: 


and he'll forward it to me.

Well, I still have 15 months to go! Time sure is fast! I can't wait to learn more in the Mission. I just hope I will grow more here and be stronger. Love you all! Have a great and blessed week ahead! :)

With love,
Elder Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment