Sunday 28 October 2012

The Pavilion That's Blocking Me - Week 29.Serving in Cagayan

Aloha!!!! Just had the best week here in the Mission Field so far! I really really felt Heavenly Father's love for me and for the people that we teach.

As for our work, we are happy to be able to achieve again the standard number of teachings despite cancelled appointments and punted ones. We are so happy! It really made our week. I've learned so much, more than I can ever imagine.

All started last Thursday, where I had my session with Sister French. And she told me that I really am leaning on being a perfectionist. She related me some great doctrines about perfection, I did understand it but not so much. And, she committed me to do some things, a pattern that would help me master my thoughts. It was great. It was helpful until now. Though Friday came, I was not feeling well. We had exchanges that time after our Specialized Training which is all about Teaching with your companion in unity. It was great and I can't wait to try it. Saturday came and I'm still not feeling well so I rested to have strength for work that day because I really really don't want to miss out work. We still worked after I rested. I worked with Elder Pasco in their area. During that time, we were able to teach a Less-Active and for some reason, I can really feel Sister's worries, it's like I'm seeing myself in her! I was alarmed because, I do admit, my faith did weaken here in the Mission Field and I am struggling in increasing my faith. I know and understand what I need but I'm at a lost how to achieve it. Been trying to pray, fast, read the scriptures, and still can't find the answer. So I waited for the promptings of the Spirit.

As the day ended, we had our evaluation and I sought Elder Pasco's help as my District Leader. He told me a lot of things. I felt the Spirit. As we approach the end of our evaluation, I received Heavenly Father's answer on how to overcome my fear and help me grow. It was a subtle feeling and 3 words came to my mind after feeling it. The Spirit prompted me to "Count your blessings". For a split-second, my understanding grew so much! I was so focused and occupied with the things that beset me, creating a pavilion that blocks me from God. The first blessing that came to my mind was my companion, Elder Pangilinan for his patience and love for me. And I am happy that that Pavilion is now gone. My mind is clear now.. I am so positive. I am so energized. And, I am more expressive than before. Haha. I'm so happy for my growth. I know that for the past few days, Elder Pangilinan is worried about helping me and he's trying all he can to make me happy. It was hard for him because like me, he's not that expressive. I asked forgiveness from him and expressed my gratitude for always helping me until the right time came for me to understand what Heavenly Father wants me to know. I know he's happy for me now and I'm happy that we'll be companions still until January and he'll be present in my birthday as well. Truly, Heavenly Father knows what's best for us. 

As for our Less-Actives, the family that we're working on is still progressing as ever. They are active in the church especially Sister. It feels so good to see them complete in the Church. My joy is full every Sunday as I see Sister watch her son pass the sacrament, smiling. We are still helping them even progress more. Right now, we are trying our best to help them have callings in the ward.

As for our Progressing Investigators, Brother Z is sure to be baptized on November 17, but not in our ward since we are able to teach him in his girlfriend's house. I know he'll be worried about what will happen after he is baptized in another ward where he resides 'coz I experienced it as well but we'll assure him that it doesn't matter, what matters is that he'll receive the gospel in his life. He is doing our commitments especially reading the Book of Mormon. He has read 12 chapters in 1 Nephi in a span of 2 weeks. He is great! We are looking forward for his baptism. Though, if permitted, we would love to see him enter in the waters of baptism on that day.

On the other hand, Sister J, who has little interest in our message before, changed suddenly. Thanks to Elder Pangilinan's heartfelt testimony. It's because Sister's husband undergoes dialysis and recently, Elder Pangilinan's aunt passed away, having the same situation. It was a Spirit-filled lesson because I know in my heart, Elder Pangilinan is concerned about Sister if any time from now something happens to Brother. But, we assured her that through the Gospel, she will have that 'sweet assurance' that all will be well. It was a great lesson. We are planning to give her a baptismal date by November.

Work greatly improved. Members are now working with us and we have an acting Ward Mission Leader who is helping us update the 3-in-1 forms. We are now focusing more on how the people that we are teaching see the relevance of the gospel in their lives and the importance of doing such commitments to get closer to God.

President, I am enjoying this work more now. I am seeing beyond as I look upon it before. Just like what in D&C 67:10 says, "And again, verily I say unto you that it is your privilege, and a promise I give unto you that have been ordained unto this ministry, that inasmuch as you strip yourselves from jealousies and fears, and humble yourselves before me, for ye are not sufficiently humble, the veil shall be rent and you shall see me and know that I am—not with the carnal neither natural mind, but with the spiritual." How true!

In one of our teachings, a Less-Active told me how happy I am. She was happy for me and she wishes that I stay like this. Haha. She also said that she could see that my countenance really affect others around me. I know I have affected those who are around me in some way most especially my companion. Now, I am so relieved with the growth I've achieved. Thank you all for all the support, encouragements and counsels. This is truly a humbling experience.

That's our great week. Thank you so much for all that you guys do. Have a great week ahead! :)

Sincerely,
Elder Dimazana

No comments:

Post a Comment