Tuesday 31 July 2012

Fully-loaded! - Week 16.Serving in Cagayan

What the fudge! I'm having a weird schedule for my e-mails since my hands are full with office work. Hahaha! It's kinda fun but so tiring! Geez! I'm still trying my best to organize everything. My works are overlapping so I'm trying to trim them down, simplify, and make it on schedule. I still have 5 weeks to go before I can finalize my cycle schedule. Ha!

Anyways, week was great. Something cool happened. Well, because I'm so close with my MTC Companion, while I'm in my first area, I mailed his parents a letter thanking them that I was able to be companions with their son and told them the blessings he has given me. I felt writing it that time and what do you know, it helped his family so much! I never expected that! The letter helped his parents after arguing. I'm so thankful I followed what I felt that time. I never thought that a simple thank you letter would make such impact.

As for my area, I really love my area! Hahahaha! It's like I'm not far away at all. Funny, but I feel I've been here before. And some parts of my areas, I'm having deja vu. Hahaha. I'm aiming to tract down those parts. And also, I love my new companion! We're so close! Hahaha... It's like when I was in the MTC. I feel our companionship. And I'm so thankful I'm companions with him. He's Elder Pangilinan, from Nueva Ecija. And, he looks like a korean. Hahahaha! Sometimes I feel I have a foreigner companion. So cool! The difference is, we speak Cebuano. Hahahaha! :P

As for our work this week, well it's tiring 'coz I got trained the past week for being the new Personal Secretary and then we work. Work was good and less-active members are just coming at us! It's like they are finding us. So, we're grateful for that. 

I'm learning a lot especially about my weaknesses. It's kinda hard to be the Missionary the Lord wants us to be. Truly, the hardest part in serving a mission is serving through partial obedience (Pres. McIff, Provo MTC). It's so cool when one understands the sacredness of this calling. Being a missionary sure is hard, but I know it's all worth it. One thing I've learned is going about doing right. Just like the quote I've heard from an F.H.E., that "when God speaks and we obey, we will always be right." It is true. There is happiness when you always choose to do that which is right. It comforts me whenever I read D&C 64:29.

I do feel weak at times about standing for that which is right. But, it helped me realize how the Lord will build me as I let Him. To have the gift of agency and just do the right things, it helps me grow! It humbles me when I realize such things. I'm just happy whenever I have that courage to stand for that I know is right and help others understand it as well.

Thank you all for your love and support! It really helps me and comfort me (:
Do pouch in some mails for me. Pretty please????? I would love to read them. Hehehe....

Sorry! No pictures... I'll try to send some in the coming weeks, right now, my hands are full with office works. Wahahaha! It's quite challenging to be in the office and proselyte at the same time. Being in the office, most missionaries say that I'll get trunky, that I'll miss the whole day work, etc. For me, it's quite the opposite. To be able to receive such responsibility in helping the mission and at the same time proselyting, I can't imagine why one would get trunky or so when we are actually loaded with works! 

Oh well. That's my week. Have a great week ahead everyone! 

Love,

Elder Dimazana
Personal/Travel Secretary 
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment