Monday 23 July 2012

Hello Tatay! - Week 13.Serving in Jimenez

Well, happy birthday to my dearest brother back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for the e-mails as well! Geez! Another week had passed again. Anyways, this week's fun... SUPER FUN! I've learned so much from my studies this week. It's so COOL!!!!!!!!!

After e-mails Tuesday last week, I rested again and continued taking my meds until last Sunday. Had my follow-up check up yesterday and all went well. Wednesday study time, I read the Liahona for my personal study, particularly the General Conference Addresses. It was great and I've learned so much! One thing I can't forget would be Pres. Thomas S. Monson's quote which says, "Do the work that is best, leave unto God the rest". It continued until my Scripture studies. I'm now reading the New Testament alongside with Doctrine and Covenants. I've learned so much especially the importance of preaching the Gospel. It gave me insights to things I never knew before.

What surprised me is my Trainer's visit in the ward I'm serving! Whew! It was a total shock! I was speechless and happy at the same time. I can't believe he's here. Hahaha! He even worked with me. So, yeah... I'm with my two companions for a while now.

Work's great this week. We're contacting more Less-Actives and finding New Investigators. It's kinda interesting to just tract down the members 'coz we meet new people and their culture here is interesting. Haha... One of the coolest things with the work this week was with a part-member. Before going to that appointment, we were thinking of going to another Less-Active who didn't go to church that Sunday. Still, we pursued with the plan and went to a Less-Active and met her mother. We talked to her and taught her a few principles in Lesson 1. It was great. At the end, we invited her to pray. It took us some time to have her pray but we did it! We had her pray! And at the end of her prayer, she was in tears. She was thankful for us finding and teaching her. She was feeling so light and her head was cleared. It was amazing! Her daughter, the Less-Active member was crying too after hearing her mom's prayer. I knew by that time that the Holy Ghost has testified to her that our message is indeed true. How privileged are we to have a member of the Godhead testifying to the people of our message.

Anyways, that's my week. Haha... I dunno what will happen this week. I have a little news but I want to hold on it for a while and make sure of it first. Hehe... Love you guys! Thanks for everything! Keep the updates and do write me letters! Hahahaha!


Love,

Elder Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission













No comments:

Post a Comment