Tuesday 26 June 2012

Comfort from the Spirit - Week 11.Serving in Jimenez

So, Belated Happy Father's Day to all... Geez, this week's really got me! Anyways, my companion is hardworking which is really great. Though, I got so worn out this whole week... I dunno why but working in the morning then in the afternoon really got me tired... I really felt so tired and I don't want to be a burden to my companion. I actually felt going home but I know it's Satan's tool to derail me off the path I want. I didn't know what I felt. I talked to my companion about a few things and he asked me for forgiveness for the things he said that I don't like. I pleaded Heavenly Father for comfort and help after that. I asked my companion that we'll go out a bit late so I can recover and be able to teach, which we did.

The following days, I still feel so heavy but the Spirit lightens me up every lesson and every person I talk to. I received different answers as I kneel down and pray each night. The first one was to comfort me. It was cool because I woke up feeling so good by Friday morning. Then, the second was I guess a warning because I had a bad dream and in that dream a big snake's in front of us while we are working, ready to attack us. When it attacked us, I woke up. It was actually weird because I still don't know what it means but I'm eager to be carefully aware of our surroundings.

Sunday came and I was one of the speakers. While preparing for my talk, I came across a scripture verse in the Book of Mormon about not being able to run more than we can. And it was the final answer for my prayers. Just to tell President Hernaez about how I'm feeling with the work 'coz tomorrow's Zone Interviews. I dunno what he'll say to me. I'm really having a hard time working in the morning and in the afternoon 'coz I get exhausted easily although back at home I work like a madman everyday. Haha... But it was just in the afternoon. I want to give my best in the mission. Whatever he tells me, I'll humbly accept it.

Reading e-mails and experiences from other people have strengthened me and inspired me throughout the week. Although it's a stressful week for me, I have learned a ton. And, I just finished reading the Book of Mormon! Yes! I'm now onto Doctrine and Covenants and the New Testament, at the same time. My language study is getting along well now. Looking at the bright side, I have learned things which I never understood before. I love the last chapter of Moroni. I have learned so much from that chapter as I finish reading the Book of Mormon.

Anyways, I miss speaking English to someone I know! Haha... And I'm still waiting for the pouches (If there's any). I've pouched in a TON this transfer, hopefully I could receive one from you guys! It's been a tiresome week for me. Nevertheless, I trust in Him for all we do. It's kinda neat to see how personal revelations are received. Next week, I'll try to be more sensible to the Spirit than I have ever been before. I want to act on those promptings and I'm developing my courage to do so.

That's my week. I want to hear from you guys!

Love,
Elder Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission

P-Day!
Vain. LOL!
Relieving my stress.
Jungle! Kidding!
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment