Friday 18 May 2012

The hunt is on! - Week 5.Serving in Jimenez

So, this is my weekly update for this week...

We went out searching for the Less-Actives in our area since both of us are new to our area and my Trainer, Elder Botero isn't much familiar with the area as well. Still, we're able to find some and one of them is a Family. They are a sealed family but is now Less-Active. As we were conversing with them, they were thankful for us that we visited them. They've told us that we really are Missionaries. It helped me have an idea of what the Missionaries were like before I came in this area just from what they are saying. They told us that people can know when a Missionary is respectable or not, whether they are Representatives of the Lord or not. And it made me smile, in the sense that I know our purpose. At first, they were a bit hesitant with us but as the Spirit envelops the room, for some reason, they just told us all of their concerns.They told us of their individual struggles, why they are not going to Church and such. My companion and I was just listening. We shared the importance of the covenants they made during baptism and prayer which they felt and understood. We're getting to know the area and work's getting good. Our Bishop was happy to receive a Progress Report from us. It's like his first time to receive one. Oh man.

This is the reason why during last Sunday's fast and testimony meeting, I couldn't help myself but cry in tears as I testify to the congregation. I was filled with the Spirit, having tears of joy. I am so happy to serve a full-time Mission and I'm excited to be of much help to our ward. Some members and less-actives couldn't believe that I'm in my first area because I can understand them (somehow) and can speak understandable Cebuano. What a great blessing indeed. I know the Lord is helping me and I myself can't believe how I can speak, though I still need to learn a lot of Cebuano so I can be of much help to the people that we teach. I can testify that we really are entitled for the Lord's help for we are on the Lord's errand.

As for our companionship study for the past week, I've learned the importance of How To Begin Teaching & Church Attendance from the 12 Weeks Program. On the other hand, I've learned the sacredness of this calling from the Missionary Handbook. It helped me realized that preaching the Gospel is much more than talking and telling. It is so important that people know our purpose and how the Gospel can bless their lives. I will do my best to be of help to them in any way that I can especially to the Less-Actives and get to know my companion more as the days pass by. I'm having a great start here and my Trainer have exemplified to me simple things, and yet, are very vital throughout my Mission such as budgeting, courage to speak, importance of study sessions, apartment cleanliness and area book updates.

Tomorrow's our Mission Tour and I'm excited to see familiar faces... Elder Arden's coming so I'm excited to see what's in store for all of us tomorrow... As for my friends who can write me, do so... I'm excited to receive one! Hahaha!

Anyways, I'm enjoying my stay here and 23 more months to go... That was indeed fast. I'm so thankful for how the Lord has helped me in countless ways. I love all of you. Amping kanunay! :)

With love,

Elder Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission


 My beloved MTC Districmates! E.Visitacion, Sis. Pintacasi, E. Collado, Sis. Morallos and E. Aloc
 We went to a nearby dam here in our District's area... for P-Day
 District Lunch at a Member's house... Earlier this morning... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment