Thursday 10 October 2013

On to my 7th Trainee! - Week 76.Serving in Alubijid 2nd

On to my 7th Trainee! - Week 76.Serving in Alubijid 2nd

Good day guys! Well, we run out of time yesterday because of so many errands. But everything was worth it so we got permission to e-mail today... So, there's so many great things going on here!

First of all, I'm grateful for the Lord's trust in me in training Missionaries. I was looking back towards the trainees that I've handled so far. 1 is currently in the office (Elder Ambrosio), 2 are now serving as leaders in the mission and have already trained (Elder Castillo, Al and Elder Capoquian), and 2 are now training (Elder Dulam and Elder Respicio). It's been a great experience to train these 7 wonderful missionaries! Now, with me training Elder Sumoray, it'll be another learning experience for me. I guess, this is the best contribution I can make in the mission. Haha!

As for our work, it was a great week for me and Elder Somoray. I can't wait to tell you what miracles have happened in just a span of few days.

First and foremost, well, members are coordinating well with us. Referrals keep on coming and they are eager to help hasten the work forward. We've found a couple of new investigators to teach, and they have immediate fellowshippers. We're harnessing the power of the members to do the Lord's work, and it's making our days productive.

Our finding efforts are still on it. We're balancing our I2L efforts so that Elder Somoray can learn the language fast and at the same time, having time to ask for referrals. This Saturday, we got an appointment set with the Mayor, Vice-Mayor and Brgy. Captain here in Alubijid. we're excited! Haha.

Anyways, we had a Family Home Evening last Monday with the Laguit Family. Sister is Less-Active and it has been almost a year since she last experience doing that. We've shared a lesson with them using one of the scripture passages Elder Somoray and I like, it's in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. It's a verse that's well-suited for Sister and to really feel strong about coming back to church after 2 years of inactivity. We really felt God's love in that lesson and Sister was just in tears. I was looking at my companion and he was in tears too! It was a spiritual experience! Truly, the Holy Ghost have testified to us God's love for us. Sister Vanessa told us that before, she's not eager to hear from the lessons the past Missionaries are teaching her, let alone, even talking to them. But, she told us that she really felt our sincerity in helping her come back to church. It made us happy! Actually, I was not feeling well that day but I prayed and asked strength to the renewal of my body. It did! After that FHE. Normally, we don't proselyte in that area beyond 6pm since there's no more ride to get back home. So we walked all the way home, with smiles painted in our faces. We couldn't stop talking to each other how wonderful that lesson went. It's so great! :D

Also, yesterday, when we were on our way home after having Elder Somoray's glasses adjusted, we I2Led a Captain. He is Captain Roa. We had a lot of talk and as soon as we talked about families and testified to him how the Gospel can help him, he then became eager to listen to us, and even come to church! He'll be a prospective leader for sure. We already referred him to the Patag Elders since he lives there and not in our area. But it was great! It really pays off when you pray for unplanned opportunities. The Lord will surely guide you through the Spirit.

I've been learning tons of new insights from my studies as well as in my training. Elder Sumoray is very teachable. He takes delight in studying and really knowing the purpose why we're here. I guess that's why we love the Spirit working with us each day. Haha! We just feel we're giving it our all. Despite the exhaustion from work, we delight in it because it came from doing the Lord's work. ^^, I'm so glad to train a new missionary and help him how to love the people around him. I love this work so bad. It taught me how valuable the Gospel is to me and how others badly need it.

That's our great week! Thank you so much for everything guys, for the love and support. It's already "Ber" months, christmas is fast approaching! Hahaha!

Anyways, have a great week ahead! :)

Sincerely, Elder Dimazana
























No comments:

Post a Comment