Tuesday 10 September 2013

In Storms and Tears - Week 75.Serving in Alubijid 2nd

Whew! Transfer week! Oh well. I'm a bit anxious on what will be happening this Thursday. Oh flip! My ZL is transferring. It's the fastest transfer for me I guess. Haha!

Anyways, this was a great week for me to ponder. Our counterpart missionaries, the Zone Leaders had their baptism last Saturday. Whew! Before that, we taught the kid a lesson while the ZLs are busy with transfer stuffs. So, we head to their home. And as we were on our way there, clouds are so dark and you could really  hear drum rolls. Haha! Still, we thought all would be well. As soon as we are about to start, a heavy out pour of rain occurred. It was scary since the winds are strong too. I could really tell there's a storm brewing somewhere. And, for the great part, we are near the sea! Lights went off, no electricity! It was 6pm. Me and my companion are still fine although we're worried on how to get back home. Haha! Who wouldn't? The house was leaking, some trees are falling down already, some fences are destroyed due to strong winds, and, lights are out. We still need to walk a fair distance to get to the highway. So we prayed. We prayed hard, me and my companion. After almost 45 minutes, the rain is subsiding. The lights are still out though, we still got prompted to teach the kid. Kinda hard but everything went well.

After that, I started to ponder that we really can't tell what could happen to us here and now. I shook my head after that and realized that I'm almost done with my mission! I still have a lot of things to do and improve. That night, I prayed that my remaining transfers will be great.

As for our work, we're still doing good I guess. Though, we had a lot of scheduled conflicts this past week so we weren't able to get a lot of work done. Still, we tried our best.

We had this one teaching with our less-active. She's still progressing! She really felt Heavenly Father's love as we taught her. We were with an auxiliary leader to fellowship her. Though, as we reached the climax of our lesson, our fellowshipper was so persistent for the LA to really come to church. Things are not going well. Haha! But the Spirit prompted us what to do. We respected her decision but me and my companion knows that she will go back. She said, "I know Elder, it's near. Just a few more time". After that, she started crying and thanked us for the sincerity and our persistence in teaching her. She knows that before, she has a bit hard-headed with the Missionaries, they didn't even had any chance of teaching her. It was 2 years, but now, she always tells us that she feels the Spirit big time. She's excited whenever we come. She's so honest to us. I know that the Spirit is really working on her. And me and my companion are praying for her.

From that experience, it was really heartwarming to see how the Lord works in people's lives. I've learned that we really can't force people to do something we want for them, but we can direct them to the path they could better choose. A path to go back to our Father in Heaven. It's just wonderful!

So, that's our week. TRANSFERS are up! Haha... Oh well... Have a great week guys! 'Till next week! :D

Sincerely, Elder Dimazana







No comments:

Post a Comment