Saturday 15 September 2012

More Than I Knew! - Week 23.Serving in Cagayan

So, it's been a busy week for us. After transfers, we have Zone Council Meeting, so yeah, FUN! LOL! I'm a bit sick for the past days so that's not good. But my companion took good care of me and I'm thankful for him.

Anyways, a lot has happened for the past 2 weeks. I'm so sorry for the late updates since we got loaded with works. As for our work, it's improving than ever. I have seen the change in our work gradually but surely. Also, our companionship unity is so great! I was pondering for the past days about it and I can say that I am now experiencing one of the greatest moments in my mission. 

Truly, there is no greater feeling than seeing your companion grow alongside with you. 
No greater feeling than seeing the progress of the work especially seeing members returning to Church and preparing to receive temple ordinances. 
No greater feeling than seeing the people that we teach feel the Spirit through us. 
No greater feeling than talking openly with your companion and appreciating all that we did for each other.
No greater feeling than feeling the Holy Ghost working in our companionship.
No greater feeling than learning the things I haven't learned outside the mission.
No greater feeling than having a family.
No greater feeling than feeling the love of our Father in Heaven.
No greater feeling than knowing that I am a child of God and that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer.
No greater feeling than knowing the sacredness of this calling.
No greater feeling than experiencing the best 2 years of my life.
And more....    :)

I am so happy. Zone Interviews are in a few days from now so I am excited and proud to tell President a lot of great things. I maybe in the office but, surely, it is one of the best experiences I ever had! I am so much grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost all throughout my mission. For all the things I've learned in my Personal Study as well as in Companionship Study. I am so much grateful for my companion, E. Pangilinan. He's one of the best companion I could ever wish for! I love him as my companion, a friend and a brother. Now I understand how I can adjust to my companions. His example as my Senior have affected me in so many ways.

One great experience I had with our companionship is teaching a Less-Active family. After that great teaching (thanks to the Spirit that we strongly felt), I told him how grateful I am to have him as my companion and how he helped me to be more strong, more active and more happy in the mission. And he told me the same. We also asked each other's forgiveness for our respective weaknesses and it really helped our companionship to be more stronger. I am so much grateful for the simple things we do each day, especially praying together. Truly, getting on our knees every morning and night have helped us to receive more revelations and strengthened the bond of our companionship. I can really testify about "preaching the gospel two by two". There is really a difference when a companionship support each other, unitedly teach by the Spirit and rely on it. How great is the effect of it!

Last week, we were given the opportunity to be visited by an apostle, Elder Cook. How great it is to see an apostle of the Lord. Also, Elder Teh and Sister Teh was there too. In Elder Teh's message to us, he asked us if we are still feeling the feeling when we first got here in the Mission. I am proud to say, "YES!". I have learned so much here in the Mission Field. To be edified by the Spirit, it's so surreal. I am so much grateful for all the people I've met here and for all the things, big or small, that I've learned from them.

I can never ever forget what my companion taught me. He shared to me that no matter how big or small a sin is, it is still a sin. And it is true. The gravity of it may be different but it is still a sin. I am so much grateful for Christ's atonement for our sins. To be cleansed from it and be able to be born anew, how great should be our joy as we receive the Gospel in our lives. All I can say now is whoever we are, or whatever we did in the past, God loves us so much. One proof would be John 3:16, that "For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son...."

And also, I can never forget the short testimony of an Elder who is close to me before he got transferred in his first area, that "This Gospel is so beautiful." It is! And I can testify that it is. What more can I ask for than to know our Heavenly Father's plan for us. Seeing the eternal scheme of things, how beautiful it is. Surely, God knows better what's best for us.

In closing, I want to bear my testimony that this Church is true. That Joseph Smith is a prophet called of God to restore the Gospel here on earth. I am so much thankful that I know the Gospel and for all the blessings it has given me in my life. I am so much grateful to serve a Mission, to do the Lord's work, and be called as one of His representatives. I love the Gospel and all the things I've learned from it. I encourage you all to continue living the Gospel in your lives. That the greatest testimony we can give to others as members of the Church is "living a happy Latter-Day Saint Life." I know that all these things are true, in Jesus Christ name, amen.

I'm sorry if I haven't write a letter to all of you for quite a while but I will, soon. Hehe... But do write to me. I can't wait to receive one actually. I love you all! Take care! Peace! (:

P.S.

I got rushed to the hospital (Emergency Room) last Sunday but I don't know the findings yet. It was scary because I had chills, almost near seizures. Do pray for me as well. Hehe... But I am thankful for my companion as well as my housemates for looking after me. Oh well. That's all


Sincerely,
Elder Dimazana
Philippines Cagayan De Oro Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment